How do I become a model with no experience?
If you do not have any prior experience in modelling, follow these steps to get started:
1. Create content for your portfolio Start photographing yourself at home and try to build material that can go into your portfolio. Give yourself a variety of modelling assignments and document your performance.
2. Develop your personal social media profile Your personal social media handles will help you get reliable feedback from people you know. You can use this feedback to identify traits that appeal to a larger audience and build your style accordingly.
3. Attend workshops and take courses You can attend a modelling workshop or take a professional course to learn from established practitioners. Such engagements can also go on your portfolio as an indicator of your knowledge of modelling.
4. Collaborate with professionals in associated domains Collaborate with professionals in domains associated with modelling, like photography, styling and costume design. Many practising professionals develop content for their portfolios and market themselves through collaborations.
5. Take part in pageants and competitions Try your luck at competitive events to see where your qualities stand in comparison to other aspirants. Competitions provide good opportunities for networking and help you get noticed by your peers and other professionals in the field.
How can I start modelling?
Once you are confident of your skills and expertise, you can start sending your portfolio to modelling agencies and production controllers. Appear for auditions whenever possible to improve confidence and build your presence in the field. You can start tagging agencies and productions in your professional social media posts, to get their attention. Ensure that the tagging you do is relevant, and do not overdo it. Once you start getting assignments, try to develop a client base to ensure a steady supply of work.